Sunday

Pray and Wait

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,and in his word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning. The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. Therefore turn thou to thy God: keep mercy and judgment and wait on thy God continually.

ASK YOURSELF:
How long should one wait on the Heavenly Father?
Do you often become impatience?
What does the Bible say about waiting on the LORD?

Psalm 130:5,6
Psalm 145:15
Lamentations 3:25,26
Psalm 27:14
Hosea 12:6

Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Tracy said...

I find waiting difficult. Right now I'm in a place in my life where I've failed at accomplishing some things I kept pursing, so I'm FINALLY willing to wait on God (perhaps because I'm just plain tired of trying it my way).

I'm so grateful for God's mercy and love.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Prayer and waiting go hand in hand in a Christian life. The Lord answers our prayers in three ways: yes, no and later. We exhibit our faith and trust in God by patiently waiting for God's answers to our prayers. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Ellen said...

'wait on the Lord' - It's a beautiful phrase -- contains the power of faith, hope, strength, courage, trust, and quiet joy towards a magnificent God who gave His word that He would never leave us... yesterday, today, tomorrow. It's worth the waiting for.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello May:)

This is an inspiring post.

When we do God's bidding on this earth,obey HIS commandments and live a honest, decent life giving praise to God as often as possible we are waiting on God.

When we use our talents to the best of our ability, when we share with the poor what we have we are waiting on God.

When we help the suffering people around us, when we console and comfort grieving people we are waiting on God.

So our wait for God will end with this life.Whatever good we do on this earth will be accounted in our favor on the Judgment Day.

So let us be cheerful,let us be happy,let us enjoy every moment we have, let us be positive, let us do our best in everything we do.Let us not worry unnecessarily because Our God is forgiving God.It is only God who will decide when HE will come again.

Best wishes:)
Joseph

Unknown said...

I was just thinking about this subject today. I have been waiting a few years on something but I know others wait many years and sometimes a life time. Waiting is so difficult but thanking God for what we already have helps. Great thoughts!

dondi045 said...

Hello my friend! I pass the versatile blogger award to you. Grab the award anytime @ http://www.workingmomscorner.com/2010/09/22/my-2nd-blog-award

Deborah Ann said...

Oh, God has truly been teaching me patience. One of my prayers I've been praying for over 20 years! But that doesn't hurt my faith one bit - I believe!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
The Word of God - © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você