Monday

Is There Someone You need to Forgive

If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Matthew 6:14-15

How do we let go of the resentment? Sometime it is hard to let go of the hurt and pain. Until we forgive, the pain lies deep in our soul, we're the one that carry the burden and long suffering. A grudge have no place in the heart of man. The longer a grude is held on to, the most likely it to increase the chance of certain ailments in our body. It may increase the blood pressure, heart disease, and other health problems such depression stress and might lead to dependency of alcohol&drugs. When we take the responsibility to forgive, then our soul will receive the greatest benefit. Only true men know the full freedom of forgiveness.

My best friend called me during the weekend. As always it was so wonderful to hear from her. She said. "May, I waited to late to forgive Larry (her ex-husband)." He was my husband of twenty years and then he betrayed me. Since then I been looking for revenge and full of rage. I reminded her of the scripture; Deuteronomy 32:35'Vengeance is Mine, and retribution, In due time their foot will slip; For the day of their calamity is near, And the impending things are hastening upon them.' Oh, She knew the scripture very well and that why she knew to forgive Larry. But it was a bit late, because Larry had gone his way and Pam have since remarried. She realize now if only she could committed to forgiveness sooner, they would probably still be together. Pam told me "that the grass on this side of the fence was not greener; as it was on Larry's side." What a price to pay? During the early years of Larry and Pam's marriage, she also had wronged him. He was able to let go of the hurt to forgive her. After that they had a great marriage, until Pam was starting to reap what she sowed. My friend couldn't handle it when table turned.

Two things learned:
1. Be careful what you do to someone, because they might do it you.
2. Don't wait until all else fail to forgive.

The best way to overcome the hurt is to forgive.

First, began by facing the pain, hurt, and the resentment.
Let go of your emotions.
Cry if you must cry.
Have a converation with God and self.
Be true to self.

Second, Are ready to forgive?
Be sincere about it.
Don't hold yourself responsible for the outcome.
Prepare for rejection.

Third, Take an overall assement of the problem.
Go ahead and let go the resentment and offer forgiveness.
Accept the oucome.
Then let go of it.

Fourth, Free your heart.
Fill yourself with laughter
Look at it another accomplished milestone.
Let the healing process began.

Don't let the sun go down upon your wrath!!!!!!!!!

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Yen said...

You know May, oftentimes its easier said than done. When someone wronged us, tendency we react to defend ourselves from the offender. Its really hard to forgive a person whom have betrayed you and have hurt you badly we even wish for their deaths. But after we learned the gospel of God and His good news. To forgive and humble ourselves is also a key to a peaceful life. :-)

surjit singh said...

Very inspiring post.I admire your insights.
Thanks for sharing.
God bless.

Anonymous said...

Nice insights. Most people prefer revenge than following the Word. They say revenge is sweet.

Tracy said...

You're spot on about forgiveness.

It can be so difficult when we've been greatly wronged, but the alternative is much worse. I've met too many bitter people to ever want to become one.

I think for me it may be easier to forgive simply because I'm aware of how much God has forgiven me. Every day I live in His goodness and forgiveness and that makes having a lifestyle of forgiveness possible.

Unknown said...

Forgiveness is so important. I love your 4 step process in forgiveness and letting go of hurt.

Anonymous said...

Yea, I need to forgive all those who had ridiculed and degraded me just because they didn't agree with me--those who dissed me and my blog.

"Father forgive them for they don't know what they're doing."

And I forgive them too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
The Word of God - © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você