Tuesday

Touch of the Catholic Faith

Do you get a little nosey at time?

I going to be a nosey for a minute. If you are of the Catholic Faith, what is your saint name and what is their story?

My saint name is Jessica.

St. Jessica is a also known by the name of St.Joanna. She was one of the women associated with the ministry of Jesus of Nazareth, often considered to be one of the disciples. In the Bible, she is one of the women recorded in the Gospel of Luke as accompanying Jesus and the twelve: "Mary, called Magdalene, ... and Joanna the wife of Herod's steward Chuza, and Susanna, and many others, who provided for them out of their resources" (Luke 8:2-3).

Joanna is also among the women who went to prepare Jesus' body in Luke's account of the Resurrection, and who later told the apostles and other disciples about the empty tomb and words of the "two men in dazzling clothes

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

bingkee said...

I know who Joanna is...she was with Mary Magdalene and other women who was to finish the proper burial of Jesus and later found out Jesus was gone from the tomb when He resurrected.

May, I have an award for you ...please do grab it ----on my recent blog post.

Tracy said...

I've always been attracted to the fact that in the times the Bible was written, the culture thought very little of women, but the Bible shows women as chosen by God just as much as men. Joanna is just such an example. God blessed her with resources out of which she chose to fund God's work here on earth. It must be cool to know you're named after her.

BTW - I wrote you a note on a previous post

Nessa said...

Mine is St. Victoria, martyred with her sister for turning down suitors.

Badet said...

How to determine my saint name? Hmmm, I'm named Bernadette so my fave saint is St. Bernadette. My mother used to buy me books before related to St. Bernadette.

bingkee said...

May, thanks for the note ....My bad....I forgot to post the image of the award......I'm sorry....and I have to ask apology too from the presentor...hehehe
do grab it now....it's there na.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
The Word of God - © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você