Thursday

Happy Easter

"For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. "No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father." - John 10:17-18

Perhaps many of us would resist or complain if we were asked to SHARE our last piece of bread with a neighbor. Taking it a step farther some would simply say no if they were asked to GIVE their last piece of bread to a neighbor. It get even better than that, the thought of one losing their child rather it be to drugs, alcoholism, or death would be unbearable.

Our ways are not like God's ways. God gave his ONLY SON that we might have eternal life. He loved us so much that his Son would be crucified to save sinners like you and I. God knew what He was doing and was not afraid to send his Son; this was his plan of salvation.

On the third day in fulfillment of scripture, He rose and He ascended into heaven. and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead. The Easter story is likely to be the most well known story in the Bible


"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." - John 1:29
As many prepare their Easter feast it might consist of some type of Lamb. I will say for me and family it will be Lamb. Our menu might look something like this:

Roast mint Leg of Lamb
Buttered mash pototoes
Garlic and herb green beans
Sweet rolls
Iced Tea
Dessert(TBD)

Easter is such a big celebration. Jesus rise from the grave, feasts, and the precious little children dressed in their Easter best. Lastly the big Easter egg hunt.

O Heavenly Father,
Thank you for our many blessings,
Jesus,Our Savior
Feast fit for a King,
Our children,so dear and near,
Bless us this day. Amen.

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Creativity said...

Wish You A Happy Easter Dear :) :) Excellent Write Up :) :)

Nessa said...

Happy Easter. i think plain colored eggs are so pretty.

bingkee said...

Jesus died for us to redeem our sins and rose again to give us new life. Happy Easter May!

Yen said...

HAppy Easter Ms. May. Great post you always have here :-)

Raghav said...

Beautiful post!

A very happy easter to you!

Tracy said...

I'm writing this here because I'm hoping you'll see it but don't really want to crowd up your typical comment space. I was wondering if you'd like to be a guest on my blog? To get a feel for how that's worked in the past you can check out this link: http://abundantliving-tracy.blogspot.com/search/label/Terrific%20Tuesdays
If you'd like to be a guest, please contact me at tracychiara@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
The Word of God - © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você