Monday

Sinful Tongue

Sadly, many Christians often display hypocrites ways. One minute they are praising the Lord and the next thing that come out of their mouth are fussing and cursing words. In God's house, we give honor and praise to him and we go away carrying out the works of the devil.

I have neighbors that carry the Holy Bible everywhere they go, attend church services on a regular basis. Yet they will not speak nor show no neighborly connect toward others. I been thinking how can one leave the House of Worship and not bring nothing out with them.

It is very sad to allow: "Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be."- James 3:10

Heavenly Father, Help me to control my tongue. Thou I may stumble, but I must continue to try to do better.

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Creativity said...

One Can't Understand Nor Change Other People Attitude/Behavior, Rather, One Should follow The Right Path of Positive Attitude. Speak Good Words.

Just Worshiping God & Hurting/Saying Negative Phrases Doesn't Help At All.

Good Post. TakeCare.

Thanks & Regards,
Creativity.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, James warned us on this on the sinfulness of the tongue. He who cannot tame his tongue cannot tame his soul. Thanks for the inspiring post. God bless you always.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello May:)

This is a thought provoking post. There is much to ponder about this.

There are people who pretend to impress others doing things which they do not like to do, just as the person who carried the Bible to the church. The innermost conviction and belief is missing yet they go about pretending to be holy. We can't help feel sorry for them because we can understand what they are doing or rather pretending.

Controlling the tongue is very difficult and we have to studiously practice this art. It is said that a sword wound will heal but a wound by the tongue will not heal. Hence the vital necessity to control the tongue and watch what we talk not only to friends and relatives but also to family people. We just cant take any one for granted. God has give us one tongue and two eyes so that we can see more and talk less but we just do the opposite.

Very interesting and inspiring post.

Best wishes May:)
Joseph

Tracy said...

I also pray that the words of my mouth would be ones that show God's love, compassion and encouragement to others. Sometimes I get selfish and mess up but I'm sure grateful that the Holy Spirit convicts me when I do so I can repent and, by His power, change

Unknown said...

The tongue! Such a little organ yet so hard to control. I need to pray for help in this area daily.

Yen said...

The tongue is the very powerful parts of our body. God, made Earth through his words.Proving only how tongue is a powerful one.
I have learn this lesson from my being tactless before, that if you have nothing good to say, might as well keep my mouth off, than say something that I will regret at the end.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
The Word of God - © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você