Wednesday

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's day is quickly approaching 9 May. I thought I would post this early so we can get ready to honor all the mothers.

But the child's mother said, "As surely as the LORD lives and as you live, I will not leave you." So he got up and followed her.- Kings 4:30

Mother's Day was created by Anna Jarvis in Grafton, West Virginia in 1908 as a day to honor mothers. It did not become a official holiday until 1914. President Woodrow Wilson declared it to be a national holiday.

I remember reading, "God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers."

Mothers are so special for they hold their children's hands for a while, but their hearts forever.

Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may go well with you in the land that the LORD your God is giving you. - Deuteronomy 5:16

Hugs and kisses to all the mothers.

Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Yen said...

Happy mothers day mommy May. May God's caring hand be upon you always and your family. I am so blessed to know you :-)

Anonymous said...

May, I have finally published the award you gave me in my blog....maybe u wanna check it out.

MJ said...

happy mothers day...

Creativity said...

Wish You A Very Happy Mother's Day Dear :) :)

Dear, Yesterday I Posted Sister Wood Award :) :)

Tracy said...

Lovely tribute to Mothers.

May you & yours enjoy a blessed Mother's day.

BTW - Here's some useles trivia for you: Anna Jarvis is a way back relative of mine on my father's side.

Yen said...

Sunday May, 9 2010. Is our mothers day here in the Philippines, not sure if the same in U.S Happy Mommy day May. God bless you and your family always.

surjit singh said...

With you Happy Mother's Day.
God bless.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
The Word of God - © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você