Monday

A Prayer is Answered

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
- Hebrews 11:1


My dear friend Tammy had been trying to conceive for over fifteen years. She and her husband so badly wanted to have a child. After they learned that they were facing fertility problems it was when they began to reach out for infertility treatment. These fertility problems was putting a lot of strain on them. It was at that time they start getting treatment.

The infertility treatments ranged from charting her basal body temperature, countless blood tests, semen qualilty, treatment for endometriosis, numerous of surgeries, and they even tried vitro fertilization. I believe they tried vitro fertilization twice. Tammy would tell me how stressful, costly, and it was hard on her body. They tried for years and no luck. They had gave up hope a long time along.

Tammy and I were very good friend, so we shared a lot of time and thoughts together. I remember we were talking and I reminded her of "The Story of Abraham and Sarah". Now, Abraham was 100 and Sarah over 90 when they gave birth to their son Isaac. God is doing is the same thing now that he was doing then. I told Tammy to stay faithful until the Lord and talk with him through her prayers.

In August of 1999 at ripe age of 43, they miraculously gave birth to to my god daughter Erica Marie.Tammy and husband live happily in Texas with their daugther. I am a believer and still continue to hold on to God's unchanging hand.

Lord, please give us the strength to continue with you on this exciting faith journey.

2 Corinthians 5:7
Matthew 14:31
1 Peter 1:7

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi May:)

This is truly a modern day miracle. What medicine and doctors cannot do, God can.Prayer, Faith,belief and trust in God will do wonders.

The problem is when our prayers are not answered immediately we start doubting. God always has a time and place for bestowing favors. Sometimes it may not be exactly the way we want but it will always be in a way beneficial to us.

Wonderful and inspiring post May:)
Joseph

Unknown said...

What a wonderful, beautiful story! You put a smile on my face! God is so good!

Tracy said...

I'm blessed to read this account; I've got to agree wtih "Faith Imagined" - God is so good!

surjit singh said...

Very inspirational post.We all are HIS children.HE knows how to look after each one os us.
Thanks for sharing.
God bless.

Bingkee said...

This is really a miracle...I have been trying to conceive too and tried IVF for 3 times, but failed. I gave up hope in having a baby. I believe that God has something in store for me other than a baby. But deep in my heart, I'm still longing for one. But I'm also almost 43 so that is why I gave up hope in a baby and channel my energy and hopes to fulfilling the will of God for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
The Word of God - © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você