Tuesday

Teach Them

"Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it." - Proverbs 22:6

Many times the future looks bleak, but that is not a future without hope. Children are the future and when we teach them we must teach them the best we can. Children is one of God's greatest gift to man. We know all of God's gifts are precious and unique. They must be treated as such, giving honor to God.

They are branches and we are the trees. The tree cannot bear the branches alone. These trees need nurturing and be committed to God's command in order to have good branches. If the trees been nutured proper and God is in the midst the branches will be of the same quality.

"For a good tree does not bear bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. For every tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush. Luke 6:43-44

Children are product of their enivorment. That's why it is important to involve them in the church, prayer, and ministry when they are young. Train them with love and understanding. While they are young guide them every step of the way. For you can never teach a child too much.

Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

surjit singh said...

A beautiful inspirational post.I admire your insights:
....They are branches and we are the trees. The tree cannot bear the branches alone. These trees need nurturing and be committed to God's command in order to have good branches..'
Thanks May for sharing.
God bless.

Deborah Ann said...

What beautiful encouragement! My kids are adults now, but God has given us the blessed opportunity to teach our grandchildren. My prayer for my family is that they will all love God with all their heart, soul mind and strength...

Tracy said...

So true, I'm glad that I was brought up to respect God and know that the Bible was true.

I've sought to teach my sons what the Word says, to read and memorize scripture together, pray together, serve together and have God be at the center of our lives. I've tried to be an example for my sons.

My sons are now 21, 17 & 15. Both my 21yr old and 15yr old are incredible young men who have hearts for God and upon whom His favor rests. I can see God's hand of blessing on my 17yr old, and he's a really good kid by the world's standards. But at this point in time he can tell you why he accepted Jesus as His savior and how Jesus' blood makes him clean before God, but I do not see a thirst for God in His life nor do I see a desire to live for Christ (verses live for himself). So I pray for this son (of course I pray for the others too). My hope is that this is just a teenage phase.

Raghav said...

Wow! Beautiful!
I'm just 18 and I love it!

bingkee said...

I'm fortunate that I have a mother who taught me about God and His laws but I didn't get it until I really fully accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior .

May---try to read my recent post about my new blog----it's an introduction of the rebirth of my Praise blog.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi May:)

There is amazing wisdom in this post.

From my experience I can say that it is not enough if children are taught.They need practical example.We have to show them,demonstrate and be a living example. They just imitate us. If we do the right thing they will ccpy it. If we do the wrong things and only preach, they will copy that also.

There is a saying-PRECEPTORS SHOULD FOLLOW THEIR PRECEPTS.

I have seen it happening in my own life. Whatever good things I did, my children have copied and they have copied the bad things also. They are all quite big and the youngest is 23 years old.

Children are a big responsibility given to us by God and we have to fulfill this responsibility in a way pleasing to God.

Have a nice day May:)
Joseph

A New Beginning said...

Very true!Children need proper guidance so that they can have a great future. Parents build strong foundations for their kids, its their duty to teach them the difference between good and bad.
The values that we imbibed when we were kids are the ones that have made us responsible human beings.
Thanks for such a relevant post May. I truely believe that kids are the ones that would help preserve our world, if nurtured well.
http://www.aspaceofonesown.blogspot.com

Yen said...

Hi May, I agree with your post here. Oftentimes childrens behavior and attitude has something to do with what their parents showed them and teach them.The rule is so basic, What you planted is what you will reap. If you planted good deeds and be a good model to them, chances are they will grow up walking their way with your teachings as their guide. Thank you for sharing such a good post friend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
The Word of God - © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você