Monday

Sow It and Reap It

What does Paul say about sowing and reaping?

"For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." - Galatians 6:7

Your deeds, good or bad, will repay you in kind. A man's deeds, good or bad will likely return to bless or curse him. How about the farmer who sold butter to a merchant and accepted sugar in exchange; complained that he was getting the short end of the stick. The farmer said to the merchant, "it seems to me that you're giving me less sugar." The merchant replied by saying, "No," that cannot be, for when I measure the sugar for you I am using a pound of your butter as the weight." "For with the same measure that ye make, therewith it shall be measured to you again."

If we do good it will come back, and when we bad it got to come back too. Good and bad actions will surely come again to us unless greater power than mankind intervine to hinder the lesser. These actions might take many years to see their return, but surely there is a God they will come back.

Luke 6:37-38
ll Cor.9:6
Proverbs 22:8

Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

kaspangarigan said...

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good, to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Yen said...

Indeed! Same as of the The law of gravity, what goes up must come down.I'm somehow guilty with this saying because I often respond negatively, when somebody hit my ego and mess up with me, I am like thinking of making that person feel what he / she made me feel. "Making them taste of their own formula. But by the grace of God I know I am going to overcome this kind of mindset:-) thank you May, for sharing such a good post.

Akelamalu said...

Ah yes, what goes around comes around - Karma.

Thanks for visiting my place and taking the time to comment. :)

Tracy said...

I remind myself of this truth when I know I need to take the high road, but there's that push inside me to give back in kind what someone gave to me.

I also remind myself that, as you say here, there are times that God in His great mercy intervenes and, as you put it, a "greater power than mankind intervine to hinder the lesser.". God has given me so much better than I deserve. I want to live a life that is merciful toward others.

Hilary said...

Karma.. do unto others.. golden rule. Always the kinder path. Thanks for your visit to my blog. :)

Maggie May said...

Thank you for reminding me that what goes around, comes around.

Nuts in May

bingkee said...

I always believe in this and it has been true in all the courses of my life.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
The Word of God - © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você