Monday

What is Faith

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, you love; in whom, though now you see him not, yet believing, you rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

ASK YOURSELF:
Have things happened in your life that has altered the depth of your faith?
Please explain your view of faith.
What edge might a person of strong faith have over a person with weak or no faith?

1 Peter 1:7,8
Hebrews 11:1,3,6
Romans 10:17
2 Corinthians 5:7

Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Creativity said...

Very Much True & Very Well Said About Faith Dear :) :)

Unknown said...

Every time I overcome a major life obstacle or struggle, my faith is deepened. God really wants a deep, meaningful relationship with us because when I overcome one obstacle there is soon to be another one!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

I have faith in God. I believe in His words as contained in the Bible. I believe that God is faithful til the end. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Tracy said...

With each passing day as I experience God's mighty faithfulness to me, my faith in Him grows.

Faith is believing in what you know to be true, even when you do not see it.

My faith in God, His faithfulness to me, gives my life purpose. His Word brings me truth, hope and strength.

Deborah Ann said...

I think faith is believing what God says, and fear is believing what the devil says.

Without faith it is impossible to please God, so I hold tight to His promises!

Ellen said...

In my nothingness I am bigger because my big God is here in me. I have only to look at the Cross.. cause it is there that I see the greatest love of all. And He did it all for this nothing- unworthy- flawed- sinful- ordinary- tiny- a mere speck in this big wide world and universe, this insignificant called me. He went to the cross to save me. He is the reason for my being. The cross shapes my faith.

Thank you for sharing.
God bless you and your family.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi May:)

Very inspiring post very powerfully worded questions.

Your questions gives me chance to think of things which I never thought before.

1)Many things have happened in my life to test my faith but my faith is still there.I live in a country where the majority are Hindus and therefore the temptations are too high to test the faith. I am aware of people saying all religions worship one and the same God and therefore it doesn't matter whether you are a Hindu,Christian or Muslim. Such things can really test one's faith.

2) If a person's faith is strong then no temptation or inducement will alter it.It should be understood that faith is not something that can be changed like clothes.It is a permanent inborn,indelible thing which cannot be shaken,altered or changed under any circumstances.

3)A person having faith has a definite edge over others without faith.It helps us to cope with our ups and downs in life,helps us to live peacefully,confidently and with a purpose designed for us by God and it gives us hope of eternal life with everlasting bliss in next life.

Best wishes:)
Joseph

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
The Word of God - © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você