Monday

Talking Loud Saying Nothing


What should we say about one another if we have nothing good to say?

We are constantly transferring an abundant amount of information between each other. It is the way we express our thoughts and feelings to others. For without the transferring of information how would we know one another. "Without knowing the force of words it is impossible to know men." -Confucius; Communication is one of the most important skills we have in this life. But malicious communication causes distress, pain and hurt. Christ teaches the importance of guarding our speech. "But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment." - Matthew 12:36

The ninth commamdment clearly forbid false witness against the neighbour. - Exodus 20:16

There are times when we have left church and return to our home, critizing the preaching of God's word. I know am guilty of that and I am not alone, so I am sure someone know what I am trying to say. I am now a judgemental people pronouncing gossip or slander in the presence of others and even my children. Consequently, we are destroying respect for God's messengers and message.

Lord, May I learn to control the door of my lips.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm with you on this one May. Too often I say things that would be better left unsaid. This has been a real area of focus for me lately; in January I read a Proverb a day and boy did that help me focus more on what I'm saying!

Chin chin said...

Thank you May for reminding me to be mindful of what I say. Sometimes I say things especially to my children that afterward I regret. We really need to think first a couple of times before speaking.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
The Word of God - © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você