Friday

O Happy Day

I believe this a favorite song to many. ("O Happy Day") This song began as a hymn in the mid-18th century ("Oh happy day that fixed my choice") by Phillip Doddridge. The song has been recorded by many of other artists.
Why not take a few minutes to rejoice in Christ.




O happy day, that fixed my choice
On Thee, my Savior and my God!
Well may this glowing heart rejoice,
And tell its raptures all abroad.

Refrain:
Happy day, happy day,
When Jesus washed my sins away!
He taught me how to watch and pray,
And live rejoicing every day:
Happy day, happy day,
When Jesus washed my sins away!

O happy bond, that seals my vows
To Him Who merits all my love!
Let cheerful anthems fill His house,
While to that sacred shrine I move.

It’s done: the great transaction’s done!
I am the Lord’s and He is mine;
He drew me and I followed on;
Charmed to confess the voice divine.

Now rest, my long-divided heart,
Fixed on this blissful center, rest;
Here have I found a nobler part;
Here heav’nly pleasures fill my breast.

High heav’n, that heard the solemn vow,
That vow renewed shall daily hear,
Till in life’s latest hour I bow
And bless in death a bond so dear.

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Yen said...

Thank you for sharing this song May. :-)To God be the Glory!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, I love this song. It speaks of the overwhelming joy in the hearts of the children of God as they sing praises and thanksgiving to the Lord for all His blessings and goodness in their lives. Thanks for the happy post. God bless you always.

Creativity said...

Woww......Really A Great Song. Thanks A Lot For Sharing Dear :) :)

bingkee said...

I first heard of this song in Sister Act 2----thru the most unlikely "venue."
I like the lyrics but because I first heard it on a movie that was way too far from a spiritual concept, I didn't really love it that much when I first heard it.

Now it's presented in a different way, I appreciate it much better now.
Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
The Word of God - © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você