Monday

We Are Never Alone

For he has said,"I will never leave you, nor forsake you." - Hebrews 13:5

Have you ever endured the emotional pains that resulted from the end of a relationship?


Some years ago my now ex-husband left me for another women. The time was when the Millennium was approaching It was a very astonishing moment for everyone; embracing for all the uncertainties and possibilities that many were faced with in the coming day. The day before was like none other. We spent the entire day together preparing. In preparation we stocked up on plenty of water, non-perish foods, flashlights and batteries.

Preparation is so very important, but there are times when no amount of preparation can make up for the emotional pain one might endure after a break-up with a loved one.

I cried until I couldn't cry no more.
I paced back and forth until my feet became tired.
I watch for car lights through path until my eyes became blurry and sore.
My mind became filled with suicidal thoughts.

I must have the strength and courage to move forward. He is the same God that spoke these encouraging words to Joshua, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Man might fail us, but God will never fail us. He is with us every step of the way no what whatever our battles might me.

Joshua 1:5&9
Romans 8:31
Hebrews 13:8

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Yen said...

Hi May, Thank you for sharing your story. God is Good, and true man will fail us many times but not God, He never cease to care. I found courage and strength in your blog.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello May:)

I understand how painful such a separation can be. Separation of husband and wife can pierce the heart and any amount of words will not console the suffering person. All the efforts to build up the relationship over the years have been wasted and a person will feel thoroughly helpless and crippled. The future appears dark and bleak and frightful.

But time and God will certainly provide the solution. Ultimately God will show us a way tide over the crisis and start a fresh life. Faith in God and sincere prayers will do wonders.

Many thanks for the lovely quote.

Have a nice day May:)
Joseph

Chin chin said...

I think I can relate to what you have experienced about ending a relationship though I'm not talking about divorce - the crying until you have no more tears to cry. But I thank God because He is indeed always there. He's our best friend. And I like the story of the Footprints in the Sand - that whenever we feel alone, He never left us, He carried us. God bless you, May!

Linda said...

I am so sorry for the pain and the loss May. I am thankful that we have a Savior who understands everything we will ever has to face and that He has promised to be with us.
I pray His presence and love will bring you peace.

Tracy said...

I can relate to your story. Back around the same time frame my husband left me for a younger woman (I turned 40 that year and she was 30). It was a tough time, but, like you, I found that God was with me every step of the way. I also found out that He gave me the strength and ability to do more things than I ever thought I was capable of doing (I guess when I absolutely have to, I'll step out of my comfort zone). I also learned during that time how to make myself focus on the blessings that are present in life, no matter what hurtful or undesirable things are going on; I learned how to enjoy the good stuff even in the midst of hard times.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
The Word of God - © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você